Bradford is a very under rated city full of surprises. Recently titled a UNESCO City of Film, Bradford is a thriving cultural destination with a packed events calendar, award winning museums and galleries and impressive theatres (including the Alhambra Theatre and St Georges Hall).
The many beautiful Victorian buildings found throughout the city illustrate the city's impressive past and include the area known as Little Germany and the Wool Exchange. Also not to be missed is Bradford Cathedral the city's place of worship for centuries, an oasis of calm in the city centre.
If you are staying at our Braford hotel and you are looking to keep fit then there is a gym within the Bradford Leisure Exchange. CODA Fitness offers a wide variety of cardiovascular equipment as well as free weights and fitness classes - perfect for keeping fit on your stay in Bradford. Discounted single entry is available for our guests.
Nearby to our hotel in Bradford is the the former spa town of Ilkley, an elegant town set in the Yorkshire Dales, a perfect base for those who enjoy walking. Beautiful countryside, rolling hills and open moorland make walking in Yorkshire a great experience.
The Bradford district is easily accessible from our Bradford hotel and is one of Yorkshire's most picturesque regions and there are walking routes for all abilities. Magnificent countryside can also be enjoyed near the village of Haworth, the former home of the Brontës and the Brontë Parsonage Museum. Steam trains, stately homes and transport museums are just some of Brontë Country must-sees. So why not stay at our Bradford hotel and visit this unique area of beauty?
Useful links and distances
- National Media Museum - 0.7 miles
- Eureka! The National Children's Museum - 9.1 miles
- Emmerdale Studio Experience - 8.7 miles
- The Alhambra Theatre - 1.1 miles
- The Bronte Parsonage Museum - 10.5 miles
- Keighley and Worth Valley Railway - 10 miles
- Salts Mill - 4.4 miles
- The Royal Armouries, Leeds - 12.2 miles
- The National Coal Mining Museum for England - 16.9 miles
- Tropical World at Roundhay Park - 12.8 miles
- Leeds Bradford International Airport - 7.7 miles
- Odsal Stadium - Home of Bradford Rugby Club - 2.8 miles
- Headingley Cricket Ground - 8.8 miles
- Harewood House - 14 miles